The Tiger Foundation Mission
“To provide responsive services (programs) in partnership with families and communities across the Commonwealth to strengthen the economic, educational, social, and emotional well-being of youth and promote their healthy development.”
The Tiger Foundation Vision
“A community in which the emotional and social well-being of children and families are developed and nurtured.” Provided a Computer/Learning Lab, that consist of 10 computer stations with wireless connection. This will allow children to complete School work, After school programs and Adult Education and Job Training at no cost.
The Tiger Foundation Goals
- To provide intellectual and cultural opportunities that develops and enhances scholarship and intellectual curiosity.
- Encourage minority students to choose and be successful in Advance Placement courses.
- Seek grant opportunities to support weekend tutoring and enrichment programs.
- Support effective intervention strategies for minority students while in the P-12 system.
- Support programs that strengthen the college-bound and completion culture within the minority community.
- Decrease knowledge barriers to college preparation and access.
- Identify and make available academic support programs in communities where Masonic Lodges are located.
- Seek grants that support programs identified by experts to facilitate student success toward college preparation.
- Seek collaborative opportunities to assist students and families to better understand how to identify resources to help pay for college, including FASFA completion.
- The Computer /Learning Lab will be supported by retired educators to work with children to achieve better outcomes in classroom. This program will operate during school months and during summer break.
- The Computer /Learning Lab will allow under employed Adults to attend job training and get full time employment.
- Increase financial well-being through exposure to the value of post-secondary education.
- Build upon the success of strategies implemented by K-12 to fulfill the mandates of HB 1 passed by the 2009 Session of the Kentucky General Assembly.
- Encourage the use of technology (online learning) to access additional educational opportunities and degree attainment at the associate degree or higher.
How Can the Tiger Foundation Help Your Organization?
- Allow for the solicitation of tax deductible, contributions.
- Provide donors with an assurance that gifts will be managed and utilized in alignment with the purposes in which they were solicited.
- Total oversight and management of financial gifts
What must I do to initiate utilization of the Tiger Foundation?
Schedule a consultation with Johnny Ware, Executive Director